IRVINE, CA – June 9, 2015 – Printronix Inc., a worldwide leader in industrial printing solutions, today announces the release of the T8000 Thermal Printer series, a new lineup of high-end thermal printers. With unmatched industrial performance, ease-of-use, and ability to print 100% scannable barcodes, the T8000 exceeds the requirements of the most demanding operations in manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and retail distribution.
“The T8000 is another major milestone in our thermal product portfolio development. Based on our innovative architecture, it demonstrates unsurpassable processing power and print speed with uncompromised quality,” said Andrew Kim, Printronix Sr. Product Manager.
T8000 Offers Industry-First Solutions for Supply Chain Environments
Building on the legacy of providing unique solutions that solve supply chain problems, Printronix designed the T8000 with several industry-first features:
- Coolest in the Industry. Designed with fan-less ventilation and new intelligent printhead heat management, the T8000 provides reliable performance in sub-zero environments. Operating in environments as cold as -5°C for direct thermal and 5°C for thermal transfer application without a heated enclosure, provides cold supply chain customers recognizable performance and cost savings.
- PostScript / PDF Printing. The T8000 marks history by offering seamless connectivity to ERP & WMS systems via direct printing of PostScript and PDF applications. With both 203 and 300 DPI support and 35 different fonts embedded, the T8000 integrates easily with ERP systems like SAP to print your label perfectly without any custom driver installation. “I am also particularly excited to introduce customers to the first thermal barcode printer offering easy and seamless connectivity to PostScript and PDF files, making T8000 a true plug-n-play in all ERP systems. Applications traditionally printed on laser or inkjet printers can now be done on a more reliable thermal platform,” said Kim.
- Easy to Use. New 3.4” high-resolution color screen will display intuitive printer setup & print quality configuration wizards, coupled with QR codes to reference how-to videos and resources online to make the T8000 extremely easy to operate. The Quick Change Memory Card (QCMC) stores the unique printer configuration and network settings allowing for easier installation and configuration of new printers.
- Enterprise Performance. Designed with a high-power ARM A9 processor, 512MB RAM and 128MB flash memory, the T8000 can print high quality large complex labels with speeds up to 14 IPS. The T8000 also is equipped with Printronix’ PrintNet Enterprise™ for remote management that allows users to configure and monitor printers across a global enterprise.
- Industrial Grade. Keeping with tradition, Printronix has built the T8000 with the same rugged and reliable design that customers have come to expect over the past 40 years. In addition, Printronix is committed to protecting the environment by manufacturing the T8000 to be Energy Star compliant.
Produce High Quality 100% Scannable Barcode Every Time
Printronix offers an exclusive ability to produce 100% readable and verified barcodes by offering the T8000 with the optional Online Data Validator (ODV™). By eliminating bad barcodes in your supply chain, customers can improve productivity while reducing chargeback fines.
“Having quality barcodes in your supply chain is critical to operating proficiently in a global commerce, ” said Plamen Petkov, Printronix Thermal Products General Manager. “The T8000 delivers on this need by utilizing ODV™ to ensure every label printed is of quality, and if not, strikes the label out and automatically re-prints a new one.”
To view the complete series and learn more, visit printronixautoid.com.cn/v2.cn.
About Printronix Inc.
Printronix is a global leader in industrial printing solutions, offering the most-trusted selection of ultra-reliable printers, supplies, service and parts for environments demanding high reliability and low-cost printing. The company offers two of the most-trusted brands in industrial printing, Printronix and TallyGenicom, known throughout manufacturing, distribution, retail, banking, healthcare, government and other enterprises across the globe. The combined portfolios include the highest quality line matrix, thermal and RFID printers. Printronix was founded in 1974 and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. For additional information, visit Printronix.com, Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.